- The unnecessary use of plastic and failing to recycle and recover it is an extremely serious environmental problem.
- Schools must make sure that the students get in contact with the values of consumer education and environmental awareness, and there is a lot to do in our school in this area.
For these reasons we would like to ask the school board to help us make the following changes:
- Make recycling bins for plastics, paper and glass available in the hall, the canteen area and in some strategic points of the corridors. The Art and Visual Education Department of our school has offered to customize and adapt some of the bins we already have.
- Make the containers for bottle lids and batteries more visible and reminding students of the convenience and importance of using them by means of the teachers in charge of each group.
- Ask the school cleaning staff to to deposit the waste from the different recycling bins in the appropriate container outside the school and make this task as easy as possible for them.
- Make a compost bucket available by the canteen and provide enough composters to turn that organic waste into compost for the school vegetable garden.
- Carry out an information and awareness raising campaign about the need to reduce the use of plastic and recycle all types of materials conveniently.
- Try to reduce the use of non reusable plastic bottles replacing them with reusable containers, which may involve improving the quality of the water from the tap.